Rainbow Veggie Salad
Colour is key when creating any kind of meal so a salad shouldn't be anything less of a rainbow. This recipe is great for when you want a salad but you also want something comforting, warm and satisfying. So simple to make, yet take this to a dinner party and leave your friends pondering over how fancy AF you have become!!
Two noteworthy Components that make up any salad I make is..
1. It needs to have a sweet or tangy ingredient...this could be fruit, dried fruit, charred lemons or sundries tomatoes anything that gives is it that extra sweetness.
2. Gimme the crunch!! No salad is complete without something crunchy tossed through it. Here I used my Cumin Dukkah recipe but another favourite of mine is my Caramelised Tamari Seed mix for some extra tang and crunch or just a classic roasted nut would also go down a treat. Just don't be afraid to add in those extras!!
Please share your Specialised Nutrition creations or send any feedback or questions
Rainbow Veggie Salad
Bursting with Flavour, Nutrients and Deliciousness
- 1 Small Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 1/2 Beetroot (julienned
- 1 Caroot (julienned)
- 6 Dried Figs (sliced)
- 3 Tbs Coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 Tbs Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbs Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tbs Cumin Dukkah
- Sprinkle Himalayan Salt and cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven on bake at 180 degrees
- In a large lined baking tray add the cauliflower florets mix and drizzle 1 tbs of melted coconut oil then sprinkle the spices half of the nutritional yeast and seeds over. Mix thoroughly making sure each cauliflower floret is yellow and well coated. Season and bake till soft 15-20minutes. Then allow to cool.
- Whilst the cauliflower bakes, chop kale into fine strips and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle 1 Tbs coconut oil over the kale and massage into each leaf. Once the kale is coated and has soften put aside.
- Toss through the julienned carrot and beetroot and the remaining nutritional yeast.
- Once the cauliflower has slightly cooled toss through salad and lastly sprinkle the dried figs and dukkah on top.
- Season..serve and Enjoy!