Chai Banana "Anything" Loaf
YES just what the internet needs another good OL Banana bread recipe…
Rest assured no matter how many banana bread recipes I see and are out there this one is still delish and one of my favs… (not to toot my own horn). Not only is it TASTY AF but the recipe can be swapped and changed so any ingredient you have at home can work.
Often I substitute some of the flour component for protein powder (plain rice and pea protein) or any nut meal flour I have on hand. Banana can always be swapped out for any fruit…pear, apple, berry.
And of course spice combos are whatever you feel.. Creativity is Encouraged!!
The loaf will come up on the semi gooey side (which I L.O.V.E ) but feel free to cook for an extra few minutes.
Slice and freezer for up to 6 months OR eat within a week.
We love to serve with a Tahini Caramel sauce and Chia Raspberry jam!!
Tahini Caramel: 3Tbs Unhulled Tahini, 4 pitted Medjool Dates, 2Tbs plant based milk and sprinkle of salt. Blend together in a food processor. Store in the fridge in an air tight jar.
Chia Raspberry Jam: 2 Tbs Chia Seeds, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 juice from fresh orange and zest. Add raspberries and orange to a pot and simmer once cooked add chia seeds and cook for a remaining 2 minutes. Pour in a jar and keep in fridge for up to 5 days.
Chai Banana “Anything” Loaf
Simple, easy and on the go snack
- 3 Chia Eggs (3Tbs Chia Seeds mixed with 2 Tbs Water left to set for 10mins)
- 250mls Plant based milk (rice milk, coconut, almond milk)
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 3 Large ripe Bananas
- ¾ Cup Almond meal
- ¾ Cup Buckwheat flour
- ¼ Cup Desiccated Coconut
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Sweetener (brown rice syrup, maple syrup, honey)
- 1 tsp of each (Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg)
- ½ tsp of each (Cardamom, Clove)
- ¼ tsp Star Anise
- Sprinkle Himalayan rock salt
- 3 Tbs Psyllium Husk
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Add Coconut oil and sweetener and salt to a saucepan and heat till combined.
- In a food processer add 2 bananas, milk and all spices and blend till combined. Slowly through the shoot add the coconut oil mixture, baking powder and chia eggs, continue blending for another 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all the remaining dry ingredients. Pour wet banana mixture into the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly ensure there are no lumps. If the mixture looks to dry add more milk if too wet add more flour
- Line a loaf tin and pour mixture in. Slice the remaining peeled banana down the length way and arrange on the top of the loaf and sprinkle the topping ingredients down the middle.
- Bake for 40 minutes or check by placing a knife through the centre. If the knife comes up wet keep until no residue is showing.
- Serve warm with toppings or slice and freeze and Enjoy later!!