Super Seed Crackers
These are my ALL TIME FAVOURITES.
Not a lot of explanation needed just make and see for yourself. These are Gluten free and Vegan, feel free to mix up the spice flavour combos a few suggestions below.
-Curry Kick-Turmeric, curry powder, fennel and coriander seeds
-Cheesy- Tamari and nutritional yeast
-Italian- mixed herbs (oregano, basil, parsley), nutritional yeast
-Beetroot- Beetroot powder or grated beetroot, balsamic vinegar, cumin seeds
I use my dehydrator for this recipe because the crackers will be extra crunchy and keep for up to 2 months in a airtight container. But these can be easily made in a oven either baked for 30-40mins on 180 degrees till crispy OR low heat baking 75-85 degrees for 8 hours.
Super Seed Crackers
Healthy Crispy gluten free flavour bombs
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Pepitas
- 4 Tbs Chia seeds
- ¼ cup Linseeds
- ¼ cup Sesame seeds
- 2 Tbs Cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp Oregano or rosemary
- Sprinkle Himalayan rock salt
- 3 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbs Psyllium Husk
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Tamari
- Mix all seeds in a large bowl and completely cover with luke warm water and let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Add psyllium to seed mix and stir and allow to sit for another 5 minutes. To the bowl add the herbs and spices as well as wet ingredients thoroughly mix through and leave for another 15 minutes.
- Take a large handful of the mixture and roll out on to a sheet of baking paper. For convenience when rolling out cover the seed mixture with a top layer of baking paper so the mixture doesn’t get stuck on your rolling pin. If too dry (and not sticking together) add more water to the mixture.
- Roll crackers out to a 1-2mm thin layer (as thin as possible without separating the mixture). Make sure when rolled out the mixture is tight and densely packed together with no holes.
- With a large knife make indents into the rolled mixture of your preferred cracker size.
- Repeat until all mixture is used.
- DEHYRDRATING METHOD: Put on dehydrating trays and cook at 65degrees for up to 20 hours until crispy and golden brown. OVEN METHOD: bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes or 75-85 degrees for 8 hours.
- Once cooled the crackers will crisp up more. Snap crackers into shapes and store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Served on a platter or with hummus or guacamole..and Enjoy!